Life Without Barriers is one of the largest providers of social services in Australia, with a reputation for supporting clients with complex needs and delivering in challenging and new environments. They work in more than 440 communities across Australia and their services currently support just over 14,000 people living in their own homes or in residential houses that they manage.
Life Without Barriers partner with people to change lives for the better. They want their clients to live their best life.
For example, they know that getting older doesn’t mean you should stop doing the things you enjoy. Their aged care services are developed under a wellness approach, so they work with clients to identify their strengths and abilities, and assist them to meet their needs and desires.
They appreciate that everyone is different, so they tailor services for older people in the community, and these can include:
- Helping people in times of need to get back on their feet and restore their confidence and independence at home
- Centre-based and community social group outings in Brisbane region give clients the opportunity to connect with new people and develop great friendships
- Diverse range of funded services such as:
- Home Care Packages
- Commonwealth Home Support Program
- Veteran’s Home Care
- Private Care at home
- Continuity of Support (over 65 disability clients who are not eligible for NDIS)
Likewise, with their disability clients, they provide a wide range of tailored support options, including getting people ready for their all-important NDIA interview. Disability Services is at the heart of the organisation, so they are determined to ensure the best outcomes for current and future clients.
The NDIS rollout can be a confusing time for people, so it is important that their clients know:
- Life Without Barriers is a specialist provider in the provision of supported independent living across SE QLD and Australia wide
- Life Without Barriers has 24 hour care arrangements available in a range of locations
- Life Without Barriers provide supports to a culturally-diverse client base
- Life Without Barriers work with clients to coordinate their supports to ensure they have the best support to help them achieve their goals under NDIS
- Life Without Barriers assist clients to develop their existing skills to best achieve their goals, no matter how big or small
- Life Without Barriers hollistic approach to disability care incorporates daily activities, community participation and clinical care needs.
You can find Life Without Barriers on site P41 at the 2018 Care Expo.