The National Disability Insurance Scheme (also referred to as the NDIS) is the new way of providing support to Australians with disability, their families and carers.
The National Disability Insurance Agency will be conducting workshops within the 2018 Care Expo on both days of the event (two sessions each day).
Access to the workshops must be pre-booked with the National Disability Insurance Agency. Follow the links below to book your place at these informative workshops.
(10am on Friday and Saturday)
– History of the Disability Sector in Queensland… How did we get here?
– How access decisions are made, specifically in the application of the NDIS legislation specific to access.
– Direction on what type of evidence is required to support an access request and who can provide that evidence.
– All your questions NDIS access questions answered.
– Helpful Access Tips
(2pm on Friday and 1pm on Saturday)
– Carers Queensland will present this workshop to help people to prepare for their first planning conversation and to explore what is included in the participant’s NDIS plan.
– Experienced planners will be available to assist you, and answer any questions you may have.
– Come along and learn what is involved in a first planning conversation, and how you can best prepare.
If you are interested in finding out more about the NDIS and what it means to you, please click here.