The Disability Housing Centre (DHC) was created with one goal: To help as many Australians as possible, under the NDIS, find the right home for their needs & housing goals.
The road to SDA (Specialist Disability Accommodation) can be a complex journey with many detours. The DHC aims to be your guide, providing a Roadmap to SDA which helps you navigate the journey as smoothly as possible. The DHC’s Roadmap to SDA includes:
- Free, impartial guidance on accessing SDA funding in your NDIS plan
- Advice on SDA for Young People transitioning out of Residential Aged Care
- Assistance selecting the right SDA home for you
In partnership with SDA Smart Homes (a registered NDIS provider), the DHC offers QLD’s largest range of SDA homes. SDA Smart Homes are fully SDA compliant, incorporating:
- Carer room for overnight onsite assistance (OOA)
- Enhanced wheelchair access with wide hallways & doorways, extra large bedrooms, accessible ensuite to each bedroom with hobless shower, pedestal sink, hand rails and shower seat
- Easy circulation space in all indoor and outdoor areas
- iSaint Technology, enabling tenants to use a smart phone or tablet to open doors, operate blinds, and control temperature and lighting.
We love sharing our knowledge of the SDA sector and offer free guidance for those seeking SDA funding for themselves or on behalf of an NDIS participant. Call us on (07) 3899 3873 – Visit our website: www.thedisabilityhousingcentre.com.au – or visit our Bulimba office at 9/462 Hawthorne Rd, where we’ll be available to answer any questions.